Female betta(s) in community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allysonwonderland

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would it be realistic to put a female betta in a rather heavily stocked and planted community tank? It's 56 gallons which means less length and more height (30 x 18 x 24). Tankmates will be various tetras, livebearers, gouramis, corys, 1-2 rams, kuhlis, possibly some danios (stock is not completed yet so there may be some oddballs in there later).

I'm not 100% set on the idea, but I would love those pops of color that a betta can provide...but I also don't want to stress her out too much just for my enjoyment, and I've read that too much activity can do that. Would it make a difference, aggression wise, if I added more than one? If I did add them, should I do it last or in the middle of stocking?

Any advice or experiences are much appreciated :)

It should not be a problem what so ever. Keep in mind, bettas are one of those fish that each individual has a personality. 999 times out of 1,000 you will be just fine. I actually kept several females in all my tanks when I went through the betta breeding stage.

I currently have 5 females in my 59g community and they are doing very well.

Back
Top Bottom