Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Female molly bloated

My female has been bloated for quite some time what do I do, she is in a tank with three other female Molly's and one Male molly and five corydoras the feed three times a day I have isolated her into hospital tank due to a fight that just happened she is very stressed out because the Male trys to pursue she 24/7 the Male doesn't try with any others

Old 06-06-2020, 07:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Fast her for a few days and then give her some de-shelled peas. See if the bloating goes down. If she's new in the tank, the chasing could be a territorial issue - btw, are you absolutely sure she's a female? If it's a case of mistaken identity no wonder the male is going nuts. Anyway, it's good that you got her out. If she's stressed out give her plenty of hiding places, make sure the light isn't too bright, and see to it that the water quality is perfect.

A picture would be helpful.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:13 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
Fast her for a few days and then give her some de-shelled peas. See if the bloating goes down. If she's new in the tank, the chasing could be a territorial issue - btw, are you absolutely sure she's a female? If it's a case of mistaken identity no wonder the male is going nuts. Anyway, it's good that you got her out. If she's stressed out give her plenty of hiding places, make sure the light isn't too bright, and see to it that the water quality is perfect.

A picture would be helpful.
She has fasted for two days, yes I'm 100% sure she is female she is not new she was the first fish to go in the tank, I've had her in this tank for 3 months, after it cycled of course. I can't get a good picture of her she is currently hiding in the plants
Old 06-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Is there a chance she could be pregnant?
Old 06-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Is there a chance she could be pregnant?
I guess so, she had her last batch may 8th
Old 06-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

I got on good picture of herClick image for larger version

Name:	20200604_153522.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	316982
Old 06-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Feed her peeled peas
Old 06-15-2020, 07:02 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tbh, from that picture she doesn't exactly look very sick. If you say she had her last batch over a month ago then the timing would be just about right for another pregnancy. Is she showing any other symptoms besides the bloating, like erratic swimming, unusual poop, skin damage, lethargy, loss of appetite etc.? And how is she doing, anyway - any changes?
Old 06-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Tbh, from that picture she doesn't exactly look very sick. If you say she had her last batch over a month ago then the timing would be just about right for another pregnancy. Is she showing any other symptoms besides the bloating, like erratic swimming, unusual poop, skin damage, lethargy, loss of appetite etc.? And how is she doing, anyway - any changes?
No different she has been having long poops she won't let my Male mate with her so I don't think I'll get more babies from her
Old 06-15-2020, 08:12 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Have you thought about internal parasites? Nematode infestations frequently cause bloating and abnormal feces. Idk though, just guessing at this point.

Tags
ate, bloat, bloated, female, male, male molly, molly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com