female molly pregnant or not?.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claudio1

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi everyone,can someone please tell me if this molly is pregnant,as she is getting bigger and sometimes she would hide behind the ornaments...thank you.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411049435.792082.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, she is pregnant. She will get really square in the middle, like she swallowed a box, when she is close to giving birth. It is normal for them to hide when they fill stressed. Is there another molly, male or female, in with her. The males never stop trying to breed, even when the female is pregnant. It can kill her with the stress. Add another female if you have only one. Or move the male to another tank.

Yes, she is pregnant. She will get really square in the middle, like she swallowed a box, when she is close to giving birth. It is normal for them to hide when they fill stressed. Is there another molly, male or female, in with her. The males never stop trying to breed, even when the female is pregnant. It can kill her with the stress. Add another female if you have only one. Or move the male to another tank.

thanks for your quick reply,i do have another female and a male molly,i had to separate the male because he would chase her every time he see her,i got him in the breeder box to let her eat more...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom