Female to Male ratio for Galaxy Rasboras (CPD) question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolf0311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
in the near future i am planning on getting 5 or 6 galaxy rasboras, the thing is i personally do not like how the females look compared to the beautiful males. i know the best ratio is 1:3 but im wondering if an all male or all male and one female tank would be okay? i dont know if it would stress them out or something. the reason i would want just one (im okay with 2) female is because i know the males like to chase the females.

Males like to chase males as well. I have an alpha male CPD that at times chases both genders as well as other species (ember tetras).

in the near future i am planning on getting 5 or 6 galaxy rasboras, the thing is i personally do not like how the females look compared to the beautiful males. i know the best ratio is 1:3 but im wondering if an all male or all male and one female tank would be okay? i dont know if it would stress them out or something. the reason i would want just one (im okay with 2) female is because i know the males like to chase the females.
5 males to 1 female could end up with a dead female. All male or all female should be fine or do a 1 to 2 or 3 ratio. I would get at least 6 though.

Back
Top Bottom