few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok a few questions
how dose the sponge filter work
and sumo loaches stir the sand and in 29 gallon tank
looking for facts about summo loach
ok will my corys and otos and spotted bulldog pleco get along with a pair of sumo and my silver tip tetras and long fin danios :confused:

First off, a sponge filter uses air to displace water inside of the tube. This then pulls water through the holes in the tube, past the sponge and that in essence filters the tank. Very effective filters, make sure you have the right size. Always better to go a little over.

Click this for a picture

What is the footprint of the 29? How many of each fish do you have?

Personally I wouldn't put a pleco with cories in a tank that size only because they might skirmish over food...

After a quick search:

Schistura cf. balteata – Sumo Loach II — Seriously Fish

Schistura cf. balteata — Loaches Online

You will need a 90 cm by 30 cm base - or about a 36 inches by 12 inches tank.

The average 29 gallon is a 30 inches by 12 inches and 18 inches tall. SO, I would say that you shouldnt get them. Mostly because they need to be in a small group and you dont have the space with both the cories and pleco.

Personally I think it would get you overstocked and the bottom will be too busy for the good of the bottom dwellers.

Check aqadvisor.com it is really useful.

ok what do you suggest for a sand shifter or at least a fish that moves it aruond

5 silver tips
3 lepord danio
3 zebra danios and
8 corys
1 spoted pleco

ok and any suggestions on how to get the top middle area to look somewat busy

nd it has thent as a 30 gall but was sold as a 29 gallon and i think id like the top and middle to look busy

Small barbs (cherry etc), some live bearers like a few guppies or something, small tetras, most fish will inhabit that area well.

Rummynose tetras are nice.

Just run your stocking plans through AQAdvisor to see whether you are overstocked or not.

Back
Top Bottom