Few questions about Tetra SafeStart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pscotty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, So we got a 30l baby biorb about erm 2 weeks ago for my little brother, I think the 30l is a 8gal or 10gal am not sure its between them two anyway, We added like 10 fish the first time around without known anything! All the fish ended up dying so I did some looking around on the internet.

We washed all the tank out and started again this time we added water conditioner and left the tank for 48 hours before adding fish, We added 4 guppies 1 male and 3 females before we added the fish we put Tetra SafeStart a full bottle of (I had to use half of bottle as the dose for 30l and have been reading up you can underdose but not overdose it so I just added double the dose for my tank) anyway its been 3 days now the fish are doing good but I cant test the water for 14 days I think anyway.

Has this worked for you? and when can I added few more little fish? after few weeks? little brother is moaning that is tank looks bare haha but I want to do this kinda the right way this time.

Sorry for the big essay I just want some advice am from the UK by the way :)

it does work, somtimes. if the bottle isnt stored properly the beneficial bacteria can die and make that stuff useless. i would say your tank is about to its stocking point maybe 1-2 more small fish if its 8 gallons 2-3 if its 10

female guppies get about twice the size of males i would try to return them and switch them out otherwise your tank is going to be over run with guppy fry

My guppy females are actually a lot smaller then the male, I don't know if the fish or breeders are different in the uk but they are pretty tiny and the woman in pet shop said there 6months old.

than maybe you should return the male otherwise you will have an immense amount of babies haha but your females are probably already pregnant most times when you buy female mollies, platies, guppies that were in mixed sex tanks the females are all pregnant. if you just let nature take its course most of the babies should just get eaten but ive even had some survive on their own without and special care given. if i were you i would get an african dwarf frog to add to your tank and maybe some cheap ghost shrimp to make it less empty

Thanks for the advise I might just keep it as 4 guppies in there for a month see how they go and if they have babies no need to get more fish haha

Back
Top Bottom