Fiddler Crabs, Dwarf Loaches, and Ghost Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking for some scavengers for my tank and found two in particular I think I want - Fiddler crabs and dwarf loaches.

Ghost shrimp were appealing -- until I found they're aggressive. I'd consider it however, if someone lets me know if they're compatible with my fish I already have.......

So please look at my current list of fish and tell me if dwarf loaches, fiddler crabs, and/or ghost shrimp go along with all of them.

5x mollies
1x platy
3x black skirt tetras
6x red eye tetras
4x X-ray tetras (soon 6 total)
3x angelfish (soon)
2x plecos
2x guppies (soon 5 total)

My aquarium is a 55 gallon
Thanks for the help!

I'm looking for some scavengers for my tank and found two in particular I think I want - Fiddler crabs and dwarf loaches.

Ghost shrimp were appealing -- until I found they're aggressive. I'd consider it however, if someone lets me know if they're compatible with my fish I already have.......

So please look at my current list of fish and tell me if dwarf loaches, fiddler crabs, and/or ghost shrimp go along with all of them.

5x mollies
1x platy
3x black skirt tetras
6x red eye tetras
4x X-ray tetras (soon 6 total)
3x angelfish (soon)
2x plecos
2x guppies (soon 5 total)

My aquarium is a 55 gallon
Thanks for the help!

Please note that I am not trying to discourage you in anyway, however the fiddler crabs, well my daughter had three and she found them in her filter, crawling around the floor, and couldn't keep track of them. She took them back. She also has a 55 g. tank and has chinese cats, otos and cory. They do a great job. Hope it helps!

My filter has a special cover over the tube that sucks the water up already so they can't get it (It came with it - thank god because it'd suck up baby fry)
And my top part has a cover as well, even though the hole is too small for them to crawl out.

My filter has a special cover over the tube that sucks the water up already so they can't get it (It came with it - thank god because it'd suck up baby fry)
And my top part has a cover as well, even though the hole is too small for them to crawl out.

They didn't get sucked up, they crawled up the side of the tube. They also tore up her plants. They even climbed up her heater! As far as angle fish, the can be aggresive and the rule about fish eating fish is: If it fits in their mouth, they will eat it.

I would really research what you have vs. what you want! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom