Fifty gallon oddballs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blu3Shyft

Aquarium Advice Regular
What are some oddball/unique fish that would do well in a fifty gallon freshwater tank? I thought about knife fish or dragon gobies but as I understand, they would quickly outgrow my tank. I'd prefer something that would do good with community type fish and doesn't necessarily need live foods. I'm ok with blood worms, but bugs are out.

I'm a big fan the leopard ctenopoma. Just don't keep them with any smaller fish but most larger schooling fish are fine.

What are some oddball/unique fish that would do well in a fifty gallon freshwater tank? I thought about knife fish or dragon gobies but as I understand, they would quickly outgrow my tank. I'd prefer something that would do good with community type fish and doesn't necessarily need live foods. I'm ok with blood worms, but bugs are out.

African brown knifefish would be fine in your tank.

How big of a tank would you need for a dragon fish? Not to be off topic just don't want to start a new thread

How big of a tank would you need for a dragon fish? Not to be off topic just don't want to start a new thread

Since they get up to 25 inches in some cases, I think the minimum would be 75gallon. probably more. Granted, they're not super active swimmers, but they are big, and would have an equally big bio-load.

Edit: This page says 50 gallon, but the ones I've seen on youtube and around town here seem happier in bigger tanks. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+836+2526&pcatid=2526

Back
Top Bottom