fight over a strawberry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fearlessfisch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
LOL i have never seen this before! i blanched part of a frozen strawberry and put it on the buffet along with zucchini, spinach, and broccoli. my two gold severum are fighting over it!

i guess fish like dessert too!

Cool.

I really want to start feeding some vegetables and things. What exactly is blanching? I've heard about it... it's some boiling process isn't it?

just dip in boiling water briefly. most of the veggies i use are frozen, so they need to be blanched or cooked. except zucchini, which my pleco prefers fresh and raw.

funny, now they are picking at the broccoli. maybe strawberry tastes really good at first, but then you move on to something more substantial.

you plunge the vegetable into boiling water for a few seconds, then immediately rinse in cool water

i'll try to post a pic the next time i give them one. i only put in a little piece, and right now it doesn't look much like a strawberry anymore. :)

Do you remove the strawberry seeds? I'm only asking because they're probably indigestible. Then again, they're so tiny that they probably just pass through the fish. :)

Back
Top Bottom