Figure 8 Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a new 30 gallon tank that I jsut set up. In I I have one Figure 8 Puffer. After I treated him for some Fungus, which I hope is gone, I moved him in the tank. THe tank he was being treated in had small snails which he ate until there were none left.

Now I have none left and I don't knwo what to feed him. Pellets do not seem to work and he is uninterested in frozen krill that I got.

I need advice.

If your lfs had lots of pond snails in their tanks, I dont think they would mind if you took a bunch. My lfs gave me a dozen pond snails when I bought my loaches, they love them.

Try feeding frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms. Also you can pick up some ramshorn snails from you LFS. Don't keep the snails in the same tank as your puffer or they will not have a chance to reproduce. These snails will lay tonnes of eggs that with provide you with lots of puffer food. There shells aren't as hard as MTS.

Well what I did was move the puffer to the 10 gallon tank. I have a 1 gallon tank that I am using to raise fancy guppy babies in so I threw some small snails in there. I hope that they reproduce in there. But I also have a black myster snail in there- will he eat the smaller snails????

I have a ivory snail in the 10 gallon that the puffer occasionaly takes a bite out of. But I have given him frozen blood worms and he gordges himself on them. SO he is eating and should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom