Filling a tank from hose?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benjy

Aquarium Advice Regular
As above really at current i use a bucket with temp adjusted water and conditioner but i see people using the likes of a python filling directly from mixer tap, the question is, is it safe to add conditioner to water then fill from hose, i thought it had to be pre mixed? So it had chance to get to work on tap nastys any input welcome as using a hose would be far easier than 3 buckets lol

Thanks in advance

Yes. You add the amount for a full tank of dechlorinator & fill it up. easy as 1,2 & 3

So even if iam only doing 30% wc i would still dose the conditioner for a full tanks worth?

Yes

Its rare you can over dose with conditioner :) Sometimes I've put more than I should of prime and never had a issue.

I would caution against using a garden hose just because you can't really be sure if they're leeching anything into the water and also they're not clear so you can't see what's going on inside (e.g. scale, algae). I would suggest using some clear, bendy PVC tubing and adding a tap adapter on the end (or just buy a Python)

It is indeed a piece of clear hose thanks, with an adapter that fits my mixer tap i bough it when i initially filled my tank the first time, and i see the counterparts for pythons are only cheap so could easily make a similar design, also i already have a gravel cleaner that could attach to the same piece of hose thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom