Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats wat i have works great
Also, get a sponge prefilter for the shrimp so they dont get sucked up. The fluval ones on amazon work

fishfanatic said:
I think an aqua clear 30 would be a good filter for a 10 gallon

Thanks for the advice... Went out and got it;-)

image-4064317202.jpg

Now I have it running with nothing in the tank just water and the filter just to get it started and making sure it worked and the tank didn't leak.

djpotter79 said:
thanks for the advice... Went out and got it;-)

now i have it running with nothing in the tank just water and the filter just to get it started and making sure it worked and the tank didn't leak.

image-929144213.jpg

Great! I hope you have as good of an experience as I have had with aquaclears. When you say you are running the tank with nothing else does that mean you are fishless cycling?

fishfanatic said:
Great! I hope you have as good of an experience as I have had with aquaclears. When you say you are running the tank with nothing else does that mean you are fishless cycling?

Yes.
I still want to pick up black sand
Plants
Heater
Driftwood

DjPotter79 said:
Yes.
I still want to pick up black sand
Plants
Heater
Driftwood

What are u going to put in the tank to start it cycling? I recommend plain ammonia from a hardware store.
If you do get some, it cant have any scenting or added lemon stuff. Straight ammonia.

tropicalmackdaddy said:
What are u going to put in the tank to start it cycling? I recommend plain ammonia from a hardware store.
If you do get some, it cant have any scenting or added lemon stuff. Straight ammonia.

Thats what I'm going to get then and thanks for the heads up. I'm really new to this and everything that I've learned so far is from this site and google and YouTube but this is my favorite place to come to learn something.
If there is anything else you want to tell me I'll appreciate it

DjPotter79 said:
Thats what I'm going to get then and thanks for the heads up. I'm really new to this and everything that I've learned so far is from this site and google and YouTube but this is my favorite place to come to learn something.
If there is anything else you want to tell me I'll appreciate it

Thanks :) im still learning to, this site is prob one of the best!

Back
Top Bottom