Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellissacolleen

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking into buying a new filter. Have been researching them for a few days now and am still pretty confused about how they work and what one would be best for my tank. I have a 40 gallon tank. Im in need of some suggestions Any information is greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is the tank up and running? What are you looking for?

I vote Fluval C4 or Aqua Clear 70

I agree, AC70 is a really good filter. But I would get a canister - much quieter and it doesn't require as much maintenance. I have 5 canisters running here in my living room and all I can hear are the 2 ACs on my quarantine tanks in the guest room. I know it's a little intimidating but there's nothing to be afraid of :) If youre interested in that route, then we can suggest some cost effective solutions that would be on par with the AC70.

I agree, AC70 is a really good filter. But I would get a canister - much quieter and it doesn't require as much maintenance. I have 5 canisters running here in my living room and all I can hear are the 2 ACs on my quarantine tanks in the guest room. I know it's a little intimidating but there's nothing to be afraid of :) If youre interested in that route, then we can suggest some cost effective solutions that would be on par with the AC70.

I plan on getting the fluval fx6 for my 75 gallon mbuna tank, I would also say a canister is better than a HOB, just depends on the money you want to spend but a canister is a better investment if you ask me.

Is the tank up and running? What are you looking for?

I vote Fluval C4 or Aqua Clear 70

I was thinking of going with the fluval c4 this is only for my 40 gallon. My tank is up and running I have three cichlids in it currently. Saving up for a bigger tank and canister filter to move them too once they get bigger

Tank Filtration

Looking into buying a new filter. Have been researching them for a few days now and am still pretty confused about how they work and what one would be best for my tank. I have a 40 gallon tank. Im in need of some suggestions Any information is greatly appreciated :)

I keep a 38 gallon and use a Hagen AC 50. It's plenty of filter for your 40 G. Just follow a sound tank maintenance routine by removing and replacing the water regularly, half is a healthy amount and taking care to plant the tank well and your fish will be fine.

B

I agree that a canister filter is better than an HOB for a 40 gallon tank. Of course, a good one will probably cost more as well.

Back
Top Bottom