Filter bubbles help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sleeves

Aquarium Advice Activist
So... I removed all the plastic hoses from my wet/dry filter and installed fixed PVC pipes with ball valves and ball check valves.

The amount of water movement and flow though the system now is great, but now this happens

I have excessive bubbling overflowing in the drip tray.

Any thoughts on why or how to solve this?

Attachments

• filter 001.jpg
    filter 001.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 63
  • filter 002.jpg
    filter 002.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 65
  • filter 003.jpg
    filter 003.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 49
So... I removed all the plastic hoses from my wet/dry filter and installed fixed PVC pipes with ball valves and ball check valves.

The amount of water movement and flow though the system now is great, but now this happens

I have excessive bubbling overflowing in the drip tray.

Any thoughts on why or how to solve this?

You may want to try placing a sheet of filter floss over the plate. It should help eliminate the splashing from the water rushing in and reduce the bubbling and frothing.
Drilling one or more 1" holes in the top plate might help vent the air that is coming from the tank drain lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You may want to try placing a sheet of filter floss over the plate. It should help eliminate the splashing from the water rushing in and reduce the bubbling and frothing.
Drilling one or more 1" holes in the top plate might help vent the air that is coming from the tank drain lines.

I tried the filter floss already and it slowed the flow rate and pushed water up and over.

If I drill holes, would it allow water to come up and out of the drip cover?

I tried the filter floss already and it slowed the flow rate and pushed water up and over.

If I drill holes, would it allow water to come up and out of the drip cover?

Hard to say if water will come out of the drip cover via the hole without actually seeing what's going on under the drip cover.
It may be the case where the flow exceeds what the drip plate can comfortably handle. You could either reduce the flow or (if the drip plate is removable) drill more holes or ream the existing holes out to a slightly larger size. It will allow more water to pass through and maybe let you use the floss pad or sponge on the drip plate.

I am using the filter pad that eshopps has for the size filter... I added one from aqueon I bought at petsmart and placed it ontop of the other filter pad which stopped the bubbles but slowed the flow rate...

Back
Top Bottom