Filter intake height question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How high off the substrate should the filter intake be? I have a Eheim 2217 I am setting up, but the end of the intake touches the bottom of the tank. Im guessing I should cut it, but to what length? I have a 40 breeder tank with about 2 inches of eco complete.

That eheim does up to 160g.. That tank should be spotless lol.. I would say also about 4 or 5 inches from bottom

That eheim does up to 160g.. That tank should be spotless lol.. I would say also about 4 or 5 inches from bottom

Yea I know it might be overkill, but I got a really good deal on a new one on ebay.

I have it 4" from the bottom, 2" from the substrate

I dont believe their can be too much filtration, however keep an eye on your ph level, too much water movement caused by a powerhead or filter flow can lower it as i was told.. More so with powerhead but still keep an eye out

I dont believe their can be too much filtration, however keep an eye on your ph level, too much water movement caused by a powerhead or filter flow can lower it as i was told.. More so with powerhead but still keep an eye out

Thats really odd, I wonder why/how water movement would effect ph levels.

I was told that at my lfs, but found it hard to believe as well.. I dont have a powerhead otherwise id try it.. Anyone see a difference while using one? I try not to always listen to the lfs people but sometimes they are helpful..

Back
Top Bottom