Filter media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie126

Aquarium Advice Freak
N my 10 g tank I clean the media every 3 days because there is an over load of gunk..... Why?

No, I watch my fish eat and if they don't eat anymore , I don't feed anymore... I use pellets and clean 1 time a week

hmmmm thast a good question but remember even if u only feed once a day ur fish are gonna poop like there is no tomorrow, i feed in the morning and every day there is lots and lots of waste also remember the munch on algae plants etc so they will always find something to eat but what could help u its starving them one day and maybe even push it to starve them one day then feed half the ammount u will feed on a regular basis then stave them onde day again and then feed them like u usually do

This happens in every filter as far as I know. The media, intake tubes, outside the filter. Only thing you can do is clean it off in tank water. It doesn't cause problems, a buildup of too much gunk slows down the flow only.

What brand of filter? On what size tank? How many fish? How long has the tank been set up? Can you post some pictures of this gunk?

Back
Top Bottom