Filter placement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colwell

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hospital tank advice

I recent bought a 15 gallon tall aquarium and would like to use it for a hospital(quarantine) tank. What all do I need to have in this tank I have a AC 150 filter, a 50w heater, I have a air pump I can use if needed. It currently has gravel in it, should I remove this and keep it bare? This may be a silly question but, can I or should I add a few fish in there. I just don't want it to be bare and running all the time for no reason is all. But I know I can/could benifit from having it up and running if something were to go wrong. I currently have a 55g with 19 mbuna cichlids and a albino pleco. I also have a 45 gal that is pretty much empty, just changed the substrate to flourite as it is soon going to become a planted tank. Not too sure what kind of fish I want in there yet though. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. If I do in fact have to keep it plain I know I'll be tempted to plant it or add fish or something lol

I just use a sponge filter. In the mean time the sponge is in one of my other filers on my main tank. I drain water from my main tank to the other so the water matches perfect. add the fish and filter and your good to go for whatever. It's also a bare tank with a heater

Back
Top Bottom