Filter problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 15 gallon tank and my filter just stopped working the other day. Obviously I could go and buy another one but I need one that won't kick up the sand in the tank I also got a freshwater puffer and the old filter would just throw it around new some help on what tank I should get.

For a 15 gallon, I would recommend a hang on back filter. Aquaclear 20 would be a good choice. These are popular and this one rated up to 20 gal. with 100 gph. Could go little bigger using the 30 too.

I just bought a 30g and there's waaaaay too much of a current it completely kicks up the sand and makes my tank cloudy (I can't wait to get a better tank) and I need a filter that has a very low current a filter for 15g tank kicked up a bit of sand but the main thing is I don't want my puffer getting thrown around

I know a canister might be overkill but you can adjust the spray bar to a very slow flow. Then when you upgrade to a bigger tank you will already have a nice canister to go with it that is already established. I have an eheim 2215 and I love it

it draws water out of the tank and through a canister that has different filter media in it and sits outside of the tank( usually in the stand). The water is then pushed back out a spray bar and you can adjust the current both into and out of the caniste. My outsmart was selling one for a 35gal for $45.

not all are adjustable but the ones that are you could make the flow very low so it wouldn't bother your sand or puffer

You could just go with a sponge filter too. Very little current, won't kick up sand, but excellent at aeration and biological filtration. Provides some mechanical filtration as well.

Ill have to check all these out I bought one last night but it just doesn't fit the tank it's way to big and the current goes all the way across the tank to the other side

Back
Top Bottom