Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommaof4boys

Aquarium Advice Freak
I buy Auqaclear filters, I have a 70 on my 44 and a 20 on my 10... So far they have been great filters..., my question is, what should I put on the 55? 1 big 110 or 2 separate ones, one on each side?

I buy Auqaclear filters, I have a 70 on my 44 and a 20 on my 10... So far they have been great filters..., my question is, what should I put on the 55? 1 big 110 or 2 separate ones, one on each side?

Hello Momma (that seems to be a popular moniker amongst members here...the "momma" portion anyway!),

I run an AquaClear 110 on my 60 in addition to an Aqueon QuietFlow 55 for added filtration as I have kept/plan on keeping a variety of fancy goldfish which carry a MASSIVE bio-load; I think for your 55, the 110 model would suffice and if you want, get a supplemental smaller filter like I did (the Aqueon) that's not as expensive as the AquaClear -- unless you can afford a second 110...I don't think you can ever have "too much" filtration!

ArtesiaWells said:
Hello Momma (that seems to be a popular moniker amongst members here...the "momma" portion anyway!),

I run an AquaClear 110 on my 60 in addition to an Aqueon QuietFlow 55 for added filtration as I have kept/plan on keeping a variety of fancy goldfish which carry a MASSIVE bio-load; I think for your 55, the 110 model would suffice and if you want, get a supplemental smaller filter like I did (the Aqueon) that's not as expensive as the AquaClear -- unless you can afford a second 110...I don't think you can ever have "too much" filtration!

I just was just worried about the flow from the 110, being too much!

I just was just worried about the flow from the 110, being too much!

Depending on the media loading kept in the 110, I don't find the flow to be "that" bad on mine running on my 60, which is only five gallons bigger than your tank...

At 500gph, a single AC110 would be fine on a 55 gallon tank. If having redundancy eases your mind a bit go with two AC70 or 50s.

I like the idea, on bigger tanks anyway, of having two flow returns from two separate filters on either side of the tank for more even water aeration, as well as the benefit of having two intake pipes on two sides of the tank to catch more debris...

But as far as raw filtration, yeah, the one 110 would probably be fine on her 55 -- I am running extra filtration because of the bio-load of the goldfish...

blert said:
At 500gph, a single AC110 would be fine on a 55 gallon tank. If having redundancy eases your mind a bit go with two AC70 or 50s.

Thank you Blert!

ArtesiaWells said:
I like the idea, on bigger tanks anyway, of having two flow returns from two separate filters on either side of the tank for more even water aeration, as well as the benefit of having two intake pipes on two sides of the tank to catch more debris...

But as far as raw filtration, yeah, the one 110 would probably be fine on her 55 -- I am running extra filtration because of the bio-load of the goldfish...

I like that idea as well, but I will be spending more money that way! Poo! Lol

Back
Top Bottom