Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gazingatstars12

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, we brought mr goldfish to the lfs because his tsnk was always messy and gross and I think hell hsve a better life there. So now I have an extra 55gallon tank sitting here and I am thinking about doing cichlids ir just anither communuty tank.

Now here comes my question....I want to get a new filter... I have the marineland c360 100g filter on my 72 bowfront and the thing rocks. They have a c220 which is 50 dollars cheaper and rated for 50 gallons. Will this be enough? I plan on having the tank a little understocked.... would the 100g filter just be complete overkill?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I tend to like my tanks over filtered because I struggle to not go a teensy bit over the recommended stocking level. I mean, cichlids start off small and get large... Oh, and there is a benefit to having the two take the same parts/filter pads/etc. Just a thought.

Good point. As far as the size I would pick fish that don't get large. After that baby goldfish I won at a carnival grew to be a 9 inch monster it kind of turned me off of big fish

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom