Filter question????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minnowbouy88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there fellow aquarists, i have recently upgraded my filter to a tetra ex700 canister filter and have been running it alongside my interpet pf3 for a little over 2 weeks now, basically i was wondering how much longer i would have to leave them running together till enough beneficial bacteria had built up in the tetra filter to run on its own??
I know i could of added the media to the new one from old but i wasn't bothered at the beginning about the length of time it would take, but now quite frankly its just taking up too much room in my tank.
If some one could please advise that would be great

Many thanks

Dave

You'd probably be ok to remove the old filter right now, I'd personally leave an old filter on for a month If I were to do that just to make sure the new filter had enough good bacteria on it to support the bioload of my fish. Better safe than sorry, would be a little risky after only 2 weeks IMO.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the reply, have just spoke to someone that said pretty much the same thing, i will choose the safe option and leave it on for a few more weeks after all my fishes living conditions is far more important than my preference to remove it :)

Back
Top Bottom