Filter Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have a Tetra Whisper 10i filter in my 10-gal tank. I have done everything imaginable to it and the darn thing just won't work. It trickles out a few drops of water at a time. I've changed the cartridge, cleaned the thing all over, taken it apart and cleaned it, all I can do for it. It's lived it's short life. I need a new one. I'm inquiring as to what filters are ideal. I got some suggestions when the filter I have first started dying, but I'm asking again because now I have a betta. I'm pretty good with bettas, but am far from savvy with filter types. The last thing I need is my $16 half moon double tail plakat to get stuck in my filter. What are some good filters for a 10-gal that are betta-safe? There are some money restrictions, so the super fancy expensive ones are not real feasible. Thanks in advance for your help.

With a 10gal you can go with An AC-20 up to an AC-50 as mentioned.
The 50's flow will probably be a bit much in a 10gal, although you can adjust the output flow. I have an AC-20 on my 20long shrimp tank and it's got a decent enough flow. Or split the difference and go with an AC-30. The AC-30 I think gives you a good blend ... not too strong, but more than enough filtration for a 10gal.

Now there's a good way to explain and suggest things!! Now if I got that on the junk one I got......

Lol. Live and learn. Thank you!!!

Filters:facepalm: ... Figuring them out can be such a learning experience.

BTW ... you may not see too much of a price difference between the AC-30 and the AC-50.

As long as Thomas is happy and I'm not spending a million dollars on the real fancy filters, it'll work. Definitely, never get the cheapest filter at Walmart. That one should've explained itself.

Btw, I'll share a picture of my spoiled rotten Thomas the dorkweed betta. He's a little "special".

Attachments

• image-2119073886.jpg
    image-2119073886.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 46
The AC30 would work as well. You can adjust the flow rate of the AC50 plus if you use a prefilter that will affect the flow rate as well. I'm a believer in over filtering though, just for kicks I ran an AC110 on a 10g once ;)

I'm sure Thomas would not be happy with that power. Lol. It's not the flow that's the problem. His favorite toy is the air bubbler. He loves getting blasted by it. The problem is intake. He isn't so good at getting away from intakes, which is why there's a sponge on this one. And it ran fine with the sponge until this week.

I like the AC for larger tanks but for 10 gallon I would go with a Penguin 100b it's rated up to 20 gallons and woks like a champ

Back
Top Bottom