Filter trials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReyvinWolf

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a new "old" tank setup off craigslist. It's a 55 gal. Turned into a brackish tank with sand bottom. Cycled, moved in fish, everything is going great. Till the motor starts screeching!!! Turn it off, empty it out, clean it, the mags feel a little abrasive/wrapped. Ordered a new motor put in my old 30 gal filter for time being that I just took down. Put in new motor, still screeching. Ordered a new impeller and hoping this fixes everything. If not, the new motor and impeller are gonna be shipped back and I will just buy a new filter. Question: what do you recommend?

55 gal brackish tank
1 VG goby, god knows how many I hope they get eaten soon mollies, 3 red cromadi, 2 black fin sharks.
Sand substrate.

I am gonna blame the sand for the motor, as I found about an inch of it in the filter. Thing is the sand never bothered my 30 gal filter.
I have an aqua clear 110. I bought new everything for it when I got the tank. Or do you think it was just old, and finally warped? No telling how long it sat in the guys garage or how well he took care of it.

Back
Top Bottom