Filter turnover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know lots of people aim for 7-8 gph per gallon with HOBs, 4-5 with canisters. This really depends on bioload, though, whether you need more or you can get away with less.

Thanks! So, I'm planning to get a 75 gallon tank soon (possibly for goldfish). Would a marineland magnum 350 canister and an aqua clear 70 be enough? Or would 2 aqua clear 110's be better?

Thanks! So, I'm planning to get a 75 gallon tank soon (possibly for goldfish). Would a marineland magnum 350 canister and an aqua clear 70 be enough? Or would 2 aqua clear 110's be better?

You could get something like the odyssea CFS-700 canister, that would get you good filtration and at a pretty low price. You definitely want lots and lots of filtration with goldies.

Last edited:
You could get something like the odyssea CFS-750 canister, that would get you good filtration and at a pretty low price. You definitely want lots and lots of filtration with goldies.

Could I run an aqua clear 50 70 or 110 along with it? (Or does the canister provide enough filtration?)

I think that, looking at the price, it would be more economical to get a CFS 500 and an aquaclear 50. You would still get 700 gph but you would save a few bucks.

Cfs-500? Im only finding 3 cfs models. Can you post a link to it for the OP and I please bud

Back
Top Bottom