Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Filter changing in new tank help

When should I change my filters in my tank. It is going on three weeks since I set up and cycled the tank. I am having problems with ICH, but treating it. Do I need to change them after ICH is gone from tank or just leave them in. I have been told by Petsmart to change filters every three weeks, is that true??

Don't change the filter media unless it's falling apart just swish it around In a bucket to loosen the build up and put it back in the filter once a week if ur using chemicals to treat the ich you should remove any carbon from the filter.

okay thanks a lot, i will swish it off. Should I remove carbon if I don't use chemicals to treat ich? I am raising heat and added salt to it already

vaquero said:
All signs of ich have disappeared on the fish. I am going to keep the temp at 86 for the next ten days.

Don't freak out if the ick shows back up on the fish it can happen and is normal if it does just keep the heat up and it will fall off again then hopefully die just keep a watchful eye out for it.

Back
Top Bottom