Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlrust1816

Aquarium Advice Regular
In a month or so I plan on purchasing a 29 gallon tank and putting all my fish and substrate from my 20 gallon into it. Im wondering if i have a filter that is sufficient for a 20 gallon tank now. If i get another 20 gallon filter now thus allowing the biological filtration to develope in it, then going on to use both filters in the new 29 gallon. Would this be a feasible plan?

Just the 1 filter would be fine on the 29 if you aren't planning on a second tank. But if you plan on using both, then I'd get a second filter and run them together on the 20G til it's got the bacteria set in. What is your plan?

Also, if you are moving all the gravel over, there's your biofilter as well, as it's also loaded with bacteria. So if you plan on eliminating the 20G, then just the 1 filter is fine. If you plan on using the 20G as a QT tank, then 2 filters on the 29 is good til you need to use one for the QT.

I was just looking at the stats. The Cascade is good up to 20G. Not sure if it will be overdoing it on a 29G. Might look at getting another filter.

Back
Top Bottom