filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
hey guy, I am thinking about getting a fluval 405 filter for my 55 gallon......my tank is housing 3 parrots, 2 yellow belly barbs, and 2 firemouths......This filter is good for a 100 gallon....is this a good filter....I would also have the aqueon 55 filter that came along with the tank.........Is that good enough filtration?????Please leave some comments asap....I am about to buy the fluval today........

We also just purchased a canister filter. From what I've gathered from my own research, I'd say yes, that fluval 405 would be just perfect all on its own, for your 55 gal tank. I was looking at the fluvals, and eheims, and magnums, JBJ's... I decided to go with the penn plax cascade 1200. was considering the 1500 model, but didn't want that much water current in our 55 gal planted.

oh man thanks for the advice guys.....but I had some problems mounting it up....i guess i was too excited.....I had a few mishaps which caused some flooding.....but everything seems to be good right now.....im just scaredt ogo next to the thing before it starts to leak........it hasnt for the enitre night....the didnt place the rubber properly which cause some, well a alot of water to come out the canister.......

Back
Top Bottom