Filtration and Cycle help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monaro_gto

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29g tank that took for ever to cycle but finally it has been cycled for 2 weeks now. I have a AquaClear 50 and the original Top Fin 30 on it. The Top Fin 30 still has its Carbon Cartridge and 2 additional media pads I added to it.

I have a 10G im using as a fry tank but I stood it up quickly and it has not cycled. Without putting my main tank at risk of a mini cycle could I take out 1 of the 2 media pads from the Top Fin 30 (Replace with new) and put that media pad in the Top Fin 10 that came with the tank?

I have a 29g tank that took for ever to cycle but finally it has been cycled for 2 weeks now. I have a AquaClear 50 and the original Top Fin 30 on it. The Top Fin 30 still has its Carbon Cartridge and 2 additional media pads I added to it.

I have a 10G im using as a fry tank but I stood it up quickly and it has not cycled. Without putting my main tank at risk of a mini cycle could I take out 1 of the 2 media pads from the Top Fin 30 (Replace with new) and put that media pad in the Top Fin 10 that came with the tank?

I think as long as you don't remove the media in the aqua clear, you will be fine! :) Also, I think I have the same tank as you, and I think you should look into getting a different filter, as the one included isn't the greatest filter.

Good Luck! (y)

It will go through a mini cycle, but most likely not enough of one to harm the fish. Depending on your pH and temperature the toxic levels are different.

I wouldn't worry about it, mini cycles end quickly.

Well, your filters haven't been cycled for a long time so I wouldn't consider them mature, but I think you would be okay. Don't feed the 29 for a couple of days and then begin feeding lightly. The same goes for the 10.

David

Back
Top Bottom