filtration question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sniperfreak

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just added another HOB filter to my 55, now running two tetra Whisper 60's for a total of 660 gpm, my question is this...seeing as the tank is an Amazon Biotope, and most of the fish in the tank are most comfortable in soft, slightly acidic water, would it do any harm if I run one of the filters with the regular activated carbon in the Bio-Bags and the other with Serra Super Peat pellets in the place of the activated carbon to maintain a slightly acidic environment? How would this effect water changes?

sniperfreak said:
Just added another HOB filter to my 55, now running two tetra Whisper 60's for a total of 660 gpm, my question is this...seeing as the tank is an Amazon Biotope, and most of the fish in the tank are most comfortable in soft, slightly acidic water, would it do any harm if I run one of the filters with the regular activated carbon in the Bio-Bags and the other with Serra Super Peat pellets in the place of the activated carbon to maintain a slightly acidic environment? How would this effect water changes?

Carbon only removes medication so it shouldn't really matter.

Back
Top Bottom