fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcdebb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my angels seems to have something going on. This is Stumpy. Every since he was a teeny weeny he's had "stumps" for his long things (dont know what they're called). today while watching them I noticed some erosion more on Stumpy than the others. I have a teeny weeny now named Goldie that doesnt look how i would like him to look either.

I tested my parameters and all are within range, however my pH is a bit high, at 8.2. My water for whatever reason is always a little high on pH (and hardness too).

He and all other tankmates are doing fine and acting normal, but I am a little worried.

picture.php

As far as your ph is concerned, just keep it stable. My angel is in water that is 8.4 and he's never had any fun issues.
I'll let others respond for the rest

a lot of angels are boren this way. what other fish are in the tank . watch for nipping fish. other wise get a med for fin rot and do good water changes weekly

I've never had to deal with fin rot but when I've had fish that have been severely nipped it was said just do water changes. I believe for fin rot its basically the same, maybe add a little salt. Research up on that before buying or putting any kind of meds in your tank. The one and only time I put meds in my tank I regretted it within 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom