finally...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i finally got ahold of some female dwarf gourami.. i was thinking they were extinct here in chicago.. i got them from the most unlikely place too. not too far maybe about 3/4 of a mile from my house there is a hardware store that reads hardware store & pet supplies, in tiny letters. it looks like your typical mom & pop hardware store, i decided to go in there to see how much a hood for my 29 gal would be. to my surprise they had all kinds of fish that other shops dont usually carry.. i came across 2 females!
needless to say i snatched them up quick.. $3.99 wasnt a bad buy either..

Very nice find indeed and a great price! :D
I looked for female Dwarf Gouramies in the past and couldn't find'em readily available. I would have to order online and pay ridiculous shipping charges :x
I just got another male Fire red dwarf the other day for one of my 10gal tanks, want to ship me one of your females? Only half joking

That was indeed a good find - I love it when I find a new LFS! This sounds like a cool pace. :D

yah their display tanks looked really old. some of them were still metal and glass! most of their tanks for small fish were housed in very old refrigerator looking things.. i was very surprised to find them... i think i have found my fav LFS!

Nice find! Here's hoping you get some babies. 8) Do you have any pics of the ladies?

yah the add is 4222 W 55th chicago il 60632. # is 773-767-3538
the place is called Franks Hardware & Pet Supplies? they have all kinds of cool stuff there, the place isnt too big but like i said i saw things there i havent really seen anywhere else.. they have plenty of female bettas which imo are kind of hard to find also, but they arent the cheapy looking gray with light colors on their fins, they are almost all colored..

severum mama= i havent taked any pics cause my camera's batteries died this weekend taking pics of my daughter in her holloween costume, so i'll owe you them till this weekend :)

i figured they might just have food for like dogs and cats or something but i got a nice surprise... :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom