Finally found my missing zebra danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marnel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For the last 24 hrs or so i've been searching hi and lo scouring my tank looking for a missing zebra danio. I'd just about given up and decided the other 4 had nipped away at him.

I'm also cycling my tank so it was time to check the ammonia levels and while waiting for my result i was stairing in the tank and happened to notice what i thought was a reflection. But to my amazement i saw the little guy in the bottom resivoir of my AquaClear 70 filter (beneath the foam and the carbon pouch) I can't figure out for the life of me how he got there without getting mauled by the intake fan!

He survived however and is back with it's tank mates!

I would guess he rode the waterfall up into the filter. danios are strong swimmers and jumpers. Probably was having a good time.

my bristlenose catfish used to do something like that. when the water was high enough they'd jump into the gap behind the waterfall, eat whatever they could, then jump back.

My gold nugget pleco likes to try to swim up the filter waterfall. I've caught him up there a few times now. Because of the water cascading down, he is still technically under water. But his head and most of his body is above the water level of the tank, which freaks me out a bit. But there isn't really anywhere for him to go, so I guess I shouldn't worry.

Back
Top Bottom