Finally got some new fish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! So after my fish-in cycle finally completed last week, I was able to go to the store today and get some new fish! Here are my latest acquisitions: 6 neons and 3 nerite snails. I was worried that the 6 new neons wouldn't school with the 2 old ones I had but they found each other in about 3 seconds flat and have been stuck like glue! The nerites are just starting to emerge too!

img_1444211_0_8897eea2a12d6c20adea9c94c2d8564d.jpg

Good to hear about your neons!
You might want to flip that zebra nerite over. They will perish if they are on their back. They cannot right themselves.

Congratulations Aqua315! Happy to hear it! :)

Could you tell me if this was your stocking list from a previous thread?
-a gourami
-8 neon tetras
-some cories
-snails and shrimp?

Sorry but I don't remember!

no, my stocking list is
- 1 blue gourami
- 8 neons
- 3 nerite snails
- 2 dwarf cichlids

and HalfMoon, the snail is fine, it actually did manage to turn itself over and they're all doing well. I'm hoping to let the tank sit for a while and then getting my dwarf cichlids in about 2 weeks or so.

Aqua315 said:
no, my stocking list is
- 1 blue gourami
- 8 neons
- 3 nerite snails
- 2 dwarf cichlids

and HalfMoon, the snail is fine, it actually did manage to turn itself over and they're all doing well. I'm hoping to let the tank sit for a while and then getting my dwarf cichlids in about 2 weeks or so.

Glad to hear it. I like your stocking list, should be a very interesting tank!

Aqua315 said:
no, my stocking list is
- 1 blue gourami
- 8 neons
- 3 nerite snails
- 2 dwarf cichlids

The best bet would have been to get the dwarf cichlids first so they can claim their territory first then add the others they are very docile fish but a quick remedy is to add a new cave when you add them cause they like to hide and they can claim it for themselves hope everything works out I like your stocking list

Ooh, what kind of dwarf cichlids are you getting? GBR's by any chance? :D
Either GBR's or cockatoo apistos if I can get any.

The best bet would have been to get the dwarf cichlids first so they can claim their territory first then add the others they are very docile fish but a quick remedy is to add a new cave when you add them cause they like to hide and they can claim it for themselves hope everything works out I like your stocking list

Actually I was going to go to the garden center for some clay pot to act as caves. I haven't gotten them yet and was planning to add them right before I get the cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom