Finally, pics of my 90 gallon plant tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Well, I finally have proof! :roll:

This is it when first set up, I have a background now, and the plants are MUCH bigger.

Looking pretty good, can't wait to see more pics and when it is completely finished.

:oops: You may have said in another post, but what fish are you putting in?

Better picture

Here's a better one:

The above picture had 5 zebra danios.

The tank now has them along with:
4 cory cats 2 green 2 speckled
9 siamese algae eaters,
3 Angels, mixed colors.

going to get 3 more angels, I think that's all

Oh yeah, 1 bazillion snails, they face a serious culling this weekend.

Very, very nice. For the snails you could try getting some clown loaches, they will make short time of the snails!! They work a treat.

Another three Angels would look so nice, especially when they school together. I have to take mine back to the LFS as I cannot keep them any more! :(

The SAE's will make short time of any algae and keep it algae free. Good choice.

Thanks, smthnfishy!

I like snails, just not too many, so no clownloaches for me. The angels will seek out snail eggs and eat them, but the snails breed too fast, and lay some eggs where they cant be found.

I can't believe I never kept angels before, I really like them! The have a lot of personality, and come up to me everytime I'm near the tank. I know the little piggies just want food, but its still cool. Even when they are stuffed they still come up to the glass.

Pushing for a digi as the "Family Christmas Gift" , think I have a good shot at it. prolly no more pics till then.

Snail species,

Pond snails, which they say you're not supposed to have cuz they eat plants, but I've never had aproblem w/ that. small population

Ramshorn, just eat spot algae mostly, VERY prolific, Large population. These are the ones that get the ruthless treatment from time to time.

Some kinda Japanese trapdoor snails which were shipped to me in place of malaysian trumpets. I wanted trumpets to aerate the gravel, these are useless but i couln't just kill em (not yet anyway). If they are having babies, I can't tell yet, all the small ones in tank loo the same right now. There has beeen alot of "clutching and grabbing" amongst them so i assume breeding is going on.

Oddly enough, I only got 3 trumpet snails from 2 different online dealers, (supposedly they are very common to get in plant shipments) they are in another tank, no evidence of breeding there, possibly not enough to breed.

Hey Corvus,

I was also given a couple of trumpet snail and I put them in my 7G tank. I forgot about them and now everytime I do a clean I get hundreds and thousands of little babies. Give it time and you will end up with hundreds of little trumpets, :lol:

I also have some apple snails in a couple ofmy tanks and they are just the best, working along with my pl*cos my tanks are more or less spotless as far as algae is concerned.

The unfortunate thing is that they also LOVE, :lol: , plants therefore I have very little as far as plants in my tanks are concerned. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom