Finally set up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, here's my new 55 gallon tank! The bubblers are temporary until I decide if I want to get a decoration that bubbles or if I want just wands with LEDs! If anyone has any advice or suggestions on the bubblers then feel free to share! I'm open to suggestions! I do have 2 live plants that I'm going to put in tomorrow to make sure that the water is room temp and suitable for the plants!! Any advice or suggestions is appreciated and if anyone was wandering I am doing a fishless cycle for this tank I have have bought pure ammonia! Pics of everything I mentioned in this post are below! :)

Attachments

• image-698047893.jpg
    image-698047893.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 56
  • image-438072550.jpg
    image-438072550.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3034394038.jpg
    image-3034394038.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3240722168.jpg
    image-3240722168.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2117953827.jpg
    image-2117953827.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 63
looks good, though both of those plants are non-aquatic plants. they will last in the tank for a few months (maybe, maybe not) but from what ive read about both, they will die off eventually.

Petsmart has a habit of selling non-aquatic plants as aquatic. Thats why i research any plants i get from there before buying if its a plant i dont have any experience with.

also a bubbler is not needed if you dont want it, the surface agitation from the filter will be enough. also a bubble is not advised if you plant to have live plants (aquatic ones that is) has the bubbler will cause all of the Co2 to dissipate in the tank. The filter will do the same but at a much slower rate.

Last edited:
looks good, though both of those plants are non-aquatic plants. they will last in the tank for a few months (maybe, maybe not) but from what ive read about both, they will die off eventually.

Petsmart has a habit of selling non-aquatic plants as aquatic. Thats why i research any plants i get from their, before buying if its a plant i dont have any experience with.

Oh ok, we'll they were somewhat cheap so I guess it's not a huge waste, but still a waste. Thank you!!

You could return them if you wanted? I'm a fan of the wands with LEDs. I have one in my 10 and I have on in the mail for my 30. Petsolutions is/was running a decent sale on them by the way

Oh ok, we'll they were somewhat cheap so I guess it's not a huge waste, but still a waste. Thank you!!

if you did not open them, then try to take them back. Petsmart has a great return policy. you dont even need the receipt.

Have a look at the Anubis or java fern plants if you go back, they can be tied to rocks. terra cotta pieces or the decoration you have. also Driftwood if you plan to have it. They are very easy to grow and great beginner plants

You could return them if you wanted? I'm a fan of the wands with LEDs. I have one in my 10 and I have on in the mail for my 30. Petsolutions is/was running a decent sale on them by the way

Oh well cool thanks!!

if you did not open them, then try to take them back. Petsmart has a great return policy. you dont even need the receipt.

Have a look at the Anubis or java fern plants if you go back, they can be tied to rocks. terra cotta pieces or the decoration you have. also Driftwood if you plan to have it. They are very easy to grow and great beginner plants

Sweet! Ill definitely check that out! And ill try!

Back
Top Bottom