Finished my fishless cycle !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juventus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got done with a long fishless xycle using ammonia n i am now stuck on what to do i got a 40 gallon decorate with fake coral and plant with a sand substance. I am curious to kno whT u guys think i terms or what to do n how many fish to add'.... I been told gettin a smal school is good and i would also like 1 pleco ..

You can do a lot with a 40g. I will give you a couple cookie cutters type tanks. The order I list them is the reccomeded order to add them. You want to add them in 2 to 3 week increments.

3 angels, 6 corys cats (any type you perfer), 2 German blue rams, 1 bristlenose Pleco.

6 cherry barb, 3 gourami (any type you perfer), 3 rainbows (any type you perfer), 6 otto cats.

You could also do a small cichlid tank with any mix of rams, apistos, keyhole, festivum, and acara.

I just got done with a long fishless xycle using ammonia n i am now stuck on what to do i got a 40 gallon decorate with fake coral and plant with a sand substance. I am curious to kno whT u guys think i terms or what to do n how many fish to add'.... I been told gettin a smal school is good and i would also like 1 pleco ..

Congrats on your finished cycle. This is the fun part. I guess it depends on what tank community you want to have. In my 40 breeder I chose mollies, platys and guppies. I also have an African dwarf frog. I am hoping to add a pleco ad some rasboras (or cardinals) as I have been told they schooling fish are a good idea as well. I am going for a tropical community aquarium with a peaceful attitude. The choices are endless, it just depends on what you want. What kind of fish are you interested in? Barbs tend to be more aggressive, and cichlids need huge amounts of space, and prefer to be with cichlids.

Congrats on your finished cycle. This is the fun part. I guess it depends on what tank community you want to have. In my 40 breeder I chose mollies, platys and guppies. I also have an African dwarf frog. I am hoping to add a pleco ad some rasboras (or cardinals) as I have been told they schooling fish are a good idea as well. I am going for a tropical community aquarium with a peaceful attitude. The choices are endless, it just depends on what you want. What kind of fish are you interested in? Barbs tend to be more aggressive, and cichlids need huge amounts of space, and prefer to be with cichlids.

This isn't always true about the cichlids. There is a lot of cichlids that can be community fish. Rams, apistos, angels, rainbows, keyhole, festivum, and others can be kept with small peaceful fish and they will be fine.

I would like to do a community tank, I don't want cichlids , but this is what I want but it depends on if is okay or not , 1 angel 1 pleco 2 horseface loaches 3 Cory cats and a school of 5 fish maybe neon tetras or something

I just finished mine also and added 5 Diamond Tetras, they are amazing, not that easy to find and for a terta not really cheap (around 5 bucks each) but they are really active and sparkle under the lights.

I would like to do a community tank, I don't want cichlids , but this is what I want but it depends on if is okay or not , 1 angel 1 pleco 2 horseface loaches 3 Cory cats and a school of 5 fish maybe neon tetras or something

That sounds good, although I personally don't know if a Horseface Loach is a good idea - they get quite large and really should be in a 55gallon tank minimum and additionally, I don't know if i'd trust them with your Cory Cats.

Additionally, the angels may eat some of your neons if given the chance, so unless you plan to find the biggest neons you can find, I personally wouldn't chance them with the Angels. However, if you do make sure there are always plenty of hiding spaces and cover for your Neons, in theory it may work. I would say that you would be better off with Rosy Tetras, however - I have them in with Angels and I haven't had any problems with the two species. Also, you can up your school to around 10 if you like - you have plenty of room in there!

So if not horse loaches which kind do u recommend ? And maybe I'll amped up the tetras amount but I just don't wanna crowed the tank

I knew that but im refering to a while diffrrnt kind oc cichlid family but thNk u anyway

Back
Top Bottom