Fire eel tank mates ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin144

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I'm looking for good tank mates for my fire eel Midas , he is in a 90 gallon aquarium ( for the time being , don't jump my case ) but I'm looking for somthing big mid-top dwelling fish , I was looking at doing a pair of German blue rams ? Maybe ? But I'm looking for all suggestions !!!!

image-967257.jpg

Midas :)

I have a very wide variety of fish in my 120gal. Not many people agree with it, but they all get along, and it works. This is my current stocking with my fire eel.

2 parrot fish
2 kissing gouramis
2 blue gouramis
1 gold gouramis
5 tiger barbs
5 green tiger barbs
5 red glass rosey barbs
5 serpae tetras
Banded leporinus
Striped rapheal cat
2 bumble bee cat
African feather fin cat
Chinese algae eater
Rainbow shark
Mollies

I have read they are timid and don't compete for food.

Mine doesn't. He just kinda swims around when I feed the other guys. He goes after flakes but won't eat them. Only eats the blood worms. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393376061.744042.jpg

If you're going to upgrade the tank size a group of silver dollars would be good. Otherwise, larger tetras like Colombians would work in the 90. Ram's are more bottom-oriented fish, same with most other cichlids. Sailfin mollies would provide some live food if the ire eel would eat the fry, but if not they'll overcrowd the tank eventually. Just about any suitable size species of catfish or pleco would probably work too.

Back
Top Bottom