First fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Enki

Aquarium Advice Freak
So fish day finally arrived, I got the call at about 9pm Tuesday to come charge down to the LFS and get my fish. The LFS guys had just rolled in from picking up packages at SF Airport. My fish were waiting for me in a box that came from Indonesia of all paces.

I get my box of fish home and to my great surprise I find the water in the bags is BLUE! Tidy-bowl man blue. The fish seem fairly alert and in good shape, but dude, the water is bright blue. I just don't see how that can be good.

With Indonesian fish and blue water, I decided that these fish were getting out of that water ASAP. I rinsed and floated the sealed bags for a little over 40 minutes. Then, one bag at a time, I snipped the bags open (OMG the air in there was foul!), dumped most of the water into a bucket and lifted my little ones into the tank with my wet hand. Turned the lights off in the room, left them alone and hoped for the best.

A little over 36 hours later, every body seems happy and healthy. Everybody is eating with gusto.

I am really happy with these guys so far. Bigger than I expected, all at least 1.5", The labs seem to have nice color and the second biggest Ngara has a couple scales starting to show color, but you have to look really close :)

Thanks every one for all the helpful advice getting to this point :)

Pics are in my gallery!

Great pics, great fish! I can't wait to see the mature ngara - that is definitely a fish on my wish list! :D

Thanks TankGirl!

I added another pic today that shows the hint of color showing on one of the Ngaras.

The blue was bromethyl blue I think... not really sure. All I know is that it is some sort of water conditioner, my LFS adds a squirt to all the bags before he ties them up.

Back
Top Bottom