first gravel vacuuming experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well once i got past figuring out the parts i had a good learning experience, to much pressure causing a little bit of gravel into the tubing. once i got that out it was pretty smooth and then i added water back after vacuuming and it was pretty good experience. i then put the dechlorinator into the tank and its lookin good.

the tank kinda looks a little bright. idk if its just me but idk i turned on my air stone to circulate the dechlorinator and im planning on doing my 15 gal 2maro

is the little bubbles from the new water from the faucted like a new tank or what?

yeah the bubbles are perfectly normal... all that areation and stuff makes a lot of bubbles.

I dont recommend putting tap water directly into the tank. You should dechlor the tap water in a separate bucket first. Mix it around, then dump it into the tank.

I dont understand your question about the little bubbles and new tank water...

TygGer said:
I dont recommend putting tap water directly into the tank. You should dechlor the tap water in a separate bucket first. Mix it around, then dump it into the tank.

That's not necessary. You can use a python and put the dechlor directly in the tank when you do your water change. I usually put the dechlor in my tank AFTER removing the old water and BEFORE adding the new water. But I have put it in after the water change with no problems... and most people who use a python add their dechlor directly to the tank.

Good to hear that nitrous, i can't wait to get my python and give it a whirl. It should be quite the experience, and a hell of a lot eaiser.

TygGer said:

I dont understand your question about the little bubbles and new tank water...

That is a myth of the past. With todays technology and products, there's no problem. Just fill the tank directly and add Prime, and you are done. :)

Prime=#1

before i bought prime i always felt like i was constantly buying new bottles of dechlor... and it was never enough. Now with PRIME all my problems are solved. Its super concentrated and super easy to use. Just 1ML for every 10 gallons of water! THANKS PRIME!!!

(ps... that was supposed to sound like an INFOmercial. )

AshleyNicole said:
Prime=#1

before i bought prime i always felt like i was constantly buying new bottles of dechlor... and it was never enough. Now with PRIME all my problems are solved. Its super concentrated and super easy to use. Just 1ML for every 10 gallons of water! THANKS PRIME!!!

(ps... that was supposed to sound like an INFOmercial. )

Success!

I have tetra aqua/aqua safe is this any good? doesnt your tap water come with some nitrates already?

Yes, tap can have a trace of nitrates, but not enough to worry about. As for what you are using, I haven't used aqua safe, so not sure. I use either Prime or NovAqua Plus.

both tetra and aqua safe both work fine to neutralize chlorine and chloramines.... However, when you run out of that stuff.. Get some PRIME... omg.. its the best!

Back
Top Bottom