First stock in!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J1Time

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my tank finally cycled. Here is my initial stock.

7 guppies
1 dwarf flame gourami
1 beta
2 African dwarf frogs
5 Cories. Not sure the type
And 20 ghost shrimp.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394749380.526526.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394749396.022267.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394749408.439418.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394749416.726732.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394749432.983830.jpg

Oh and a clown pleco and a normal pleco and a small angel.

Awesome I bet you thought this day would never come, during the cycle sometimes it feels like it will never end.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes I did!!! Nope not peppered. I saw them there at the LFS but were more the. I wanted to spend. Forgot what these were labeled.

It happens to us all, you'll wake up in the middle of the night as the name bangs back into the forefront of your mind. Well that's what happens to me anyways lol.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Huzzah! It feels like a hell of a victory after all that waiting and testing, doesn't it?

Is that an Angel in the second-to-last photo? The only reason I'm asking is because it's not on your list.

Well, not to rain on your parade, but is this tank going to be the final home for these fish? I really don't suggest keeping a betta with a dg, or an angel with guppies, or guppies with a betta, or adf with all those piggy fish who might well out-compete them for food. You have some really cool fish, and I am glad you are done with your cycle. But, I don't recommend your current stocklist. I think you are going to have some issues. Do you by chance have a second tank to put some of those fish into? I see your thread says "initial stock" so I am curious if some of these are going elsewhere. You did get some lovely fish! That betta is gorgeous.

I agree. We shall see as they grow. If need be, the angle will come out. If the beta causes an issue he will as well. Intend for it to be a community tank.

I agree. We shall see as they grow. If need be, the angle will come out. If the beta causes an issue he will as well. Intend for it to be a community tank.

Glad to know you are not totally set on keeping it as is. :) How big is the tank? The angel might be ok with your guppies since it is starting young with them, but you never know. Mine do fine with pretty much any small fish except guppies and neons. Those bright flashing colors are an angel magnet!
I suggest removing the betta though, because bettas tend to be fine up until the point when they aren't, and then you put the safety of multiple animals in jeopardy. It might be fine, but that one has the potential of turning the worst. I personally wouldn't take that risk. Besides, bettas are the easiest to find a small tank for rather than removing a larger fish.
And keep an eye on your frogs to make sure they get enough food. It is very common for them to waste away slowly in community setups from lack of food and then die after a few months.

Fabulous. :) And 130 gallons is an awesome size! Hopefully your fish that could fight all just stay away from each other. :)

Thats my hope. Still a long way from fully stocked.

Next up on my list are, zebra danios, some kind of tetra school, and swordtails.

Back
Top Bottom