first time checking gh & kh (help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
here is my problem.

kh worked fine started blue with first drop then yellow on 9th drop

now here is the gh and the problem first 5 drops stayed clear but the 6th went orange 12th drop green.

um what the heck just got the kit too.

and here is the best part my ph is 7.0 to 7.4

edit: and also did a 30% water change, and i dont use my tap water its not very good for fish or to drink after i tested it 8.4 good for SW

I couldn't tell. What is the source of your water that you use in your tank? You said that you don't use tap water.

here is my problem.

kh worked fine started blue with first drop then yellow on 9th drop

now here is the gh and the problem first 5 drops stayed clear but the 6th went orange 12th drop green.

um what the heck just got the kit too.

and here is the best part my ph is 7.0 to 7.4

edit: and also did a 30% water change, and i dont use my tap water its not very good for fish or to drink after i tested it 8.4 good for SW

Carbonate Hardness (KH) is almost always lower then General Hardness (GH). A high GH/KH means that you will have a stable pH level that will not have much variance. There is no way that your pH should have a .4 variance. It has to be stable. For example, your GH and KH levels are very close to mine. My pH is 7.55 it may vary by +/-.05 on the pH scale but that is all and that is due to the driftwood that i have in my tank. What water are you using for your tanks? is it RO water?

There is nothing wrong with your test kit as mine does the same thing

i am using spring water for my tanks. tap water as i said has a high ph. what is RO water?
thanks serlunchbox

am using spring water for my tanks. tap water as i said has a high ph.

Where are you getting the spring water from? If it is bottled, sometimes there is a variance in water parameters with different bottles.

Back
Top Bottom