Fish accustomed to water changes :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been doing daily water changes for a week and it seems my fish are used to it :) they don't hide during syphoning and play in the stream when adding the fresh water, its so cute! Anybody else's fish not mind wcs???

AndrewsPistol said:
I have been doing daily water changes for a week and it seems my fish are used to it :) they don't hide during syphoning and play in the stream when adding the fresh water, its so cute! Anybody else's fish not mind wcs???

My fish love it, they swim in the bubbles when I fill the tank.

Convict2161 said:
My fish love it, they swim in the bubbles when I fill the tank.

Mine to :) they swim up the stream toward the hose and try to eat the bubbles haha, especially since they have been fasting cuz my dad overfed them :)

My emerald gourami kisses the siphon from my gravel vac. Lol. So funny. Also my corys and danios dart in and out of the stream when I pour in new water.

My Danios head straight for the biggest current. So when I dump my water in they go crazy!!

Dear AndrewsPistol,

My goldies love water changes. They enjoy the higher falling water from the filters (before I turn them off) and when the new water comes in the siphon playing in the bubbles!
Chris

My fishes ADORE water changes, they hide from the siphon but when I let the plants float they play a version of "tag" very cute, then when the filter puts in water from high up it makes bubbles that they love to peck at and try to swim in, then when I pour the water back in they all try to swim up the waterfall ! Never gets old!!!!

:fish2:

I loved hearing your stories! I tried to snap a few pictures during my water change yesterday, they are fast little buggers! I have to be honest, I get real nervous during syphoning... Im afraid they are just a little too brave! I dont wanna suck one up! I syphon the water out the window and its a cold winter where I am!

Attachments

• 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 65
My fish dont mind it anymore. They dont really hide or act scared when i vacuum the bottom. They always come rushing over when i pour water back into the tank. They like getting pushed down by the current. Theyre crazy. The platys do that, not so much my tetras. They just kinda go off and mind their own business

Whenever I'm dumping the new water in, my harlies just love to take turns swimming through it. As soon as the first fish in the school does it, the rest follow! It's hilarious!

I loved hearing your stories! I tried to snap a few pictures during my water change yesterday, they are fast little buggers! I have to be honest, I get real nervous during syphoning... Im afraid they are just a little too brave! I dont wanna suck one up! I syphon the water out the window and its a cold winter where I am!

I love these pictures! :)

Jill said:
I love these pictures! :)

Thanks! I tried hard to get them nipping at the bubbles but it was hard to hold the house and my camera lol. I couldn't get any during syphon because like I said they are brave and I have to have a handle on the house in case they get too close!

Mine love it, especially the Mollies. They make it a point to sim up and kiss my hand as it touches the water, and my Cories love to try to get at whatever is floating up the tube.

Back
Top Bottom