Fish adapting behaviour to new tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lev

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 5 mollies and 9 cory cats (3 albino, 3 peppered, 3 bronze), the mollies were there first and the cories were added over the last week.

Previously the mollies would only ever surface feed, and would ignore anything sinking to the bottom. Now they eat their flake but also go nosing around the bottom for the catfish pellets :S

Also my peppered and bronze cories swim around together as a group, but my albinos seem to be following my platinum Molly around. She seems to be taking this in her stride.

I've not read about this anywhere, and think it's quite cute... But I wanted to check that it's not a sign of anything unsavoury.

I've also changed the layout of the tank and have 2 different substrates (so the cories had something soft) so that has probably contributed

I have a combination of mollies platies Coreys and I usually put flakes at the top for the mollies in the platies then I drop pellets to the bottom for the cats and now the mollies start with the flakes and go to the bottom to feed with the cats.

Back
Top Bottom