Fish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That will work fine (LDA 25 ) Is a great choice for what you want its small compact and since you have wood in your setup it will have plenty to munch on. when it does what it will do( Which is resurface your driftwood) lol, supplement with blanched Zucchini, kale or as a last resort "sparingly if you have too" sinking wafers. the "pit bull" pleco is a really nice fish and something different to boot. KUDOS to you for doing what works Research!
when you get it post a pic Id love to see it.

Good looking pleco. Glad you are happy with your purchase. There might be an ammonia spike so I might test the water for about a week. Plecos have an insane bioload, and you will know exactly what I mean when you what is "left behind." I might also recommend buying Omega One algae wafers as they need to be supplemented. I feed my clown pleco 1/4 round every other day. Three years old now and doing very well.

I have hikari algae wafers, I heard they were good. But I'll buy some omega one, I bought 2 pleco feeders for veggies. I might be over doing it, but I want they to live lol

Otos are a social fish and need more than 1, yes they are sensitive to ph changes, water changes etc etc they aren't what I would call hardy, they need a long drip acclimation to the tank they are going into like 1.5-3 hours, bn's are a much easier fish and they are amazing, if mine would ever come out I would show you how beautiful my calico is.

Pitbulls shouldn't be going after your fish, but they will eat fish that are already dead, most plecos do. What are your water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom