fish and tank and filter for £100??? Update, part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't bank on selling the fish. It would more likely turn into you tyring to give them away at those sizes. If you really dig the tank and not the fish, perhaps you should try contacting the seller to buy just the tank. There doesn't seem to be much interest, so you may have some good leverage if the tank does in fact need to be gone by the 9th.

Also, it says that it is advertised elsewhere so that they have the option of ending the auction at any time, which seems a bit shady.

Well the 100 pound price is reserve not met so you're really looking at 250 pounds for the tank which for that size of a tank may still not be bad but maybe not as good as it originally seems.

well i was going to just offer a £100, if they need to get ride of it then i may as well, as for the fish i dunno i guess il try and do a trade or something with a lfs? i will let you now what happens. :)

the reserve is 200
and as for being shady. the person probably has it the local paper and such like that. so if they get an offer that way , they will take it.
as for selling the fish u could try without the pet store. and selling somewhere else like an ad.
some people really like getting bigger fish and buy them, but as for the lfs they wont give u much

thanks for the info, Ky'smommy, i am away that the reserve is 200 but il offer 100, i mean if they need to get ride of it and no1 else has offered then there is a chance, im not actually looking for a tank but if i can get it for 100 then i may as well. :) 4 hours left lol

yes i know what u mean. they might have to just take the offer.
i was just trying to state what the seller could be thinking of, they seem very to the point and helpful in there post. not shady eithe,r cause they could still have it in a paper and its not selling so they need other options.
I think u should be fine if u try to sell the fish seperatly. it might take a while. but at least u can make something off them.
goodluck. and keep us updated.

Well no1 got it and they said they need to get ride of it asap, so im going to look at it 2moz and then if i like it get it for no more than £100, the only problem is that they live in a flat in the worst place of were i live, as in keep your windows up and doors looked, so im actually a little scared to go there, im only 16 i dont wont to get knifed, and if we did collect it it would be in our range rover, i dont wont it to get trashed by thugs, anyway that not why im here, if i were to get it, what is the best way for the fish, as in do i just refill the tank and and put the fish in, will i need to do anything, will there be a ammonia spike??? any help would be great. ( Oh and wish me luck )

goodluck first of all. second of all they said they would deliever within 20 miles. so if your really scared take someone with u.
third. keep the filter wet. and get some 5 gallon buckets or something and put the fish and the water in that. and then add all that to the tank. and the filter will stay good with the bactiria and all. just make sure to check on it just in case there is one. but u should be fine.
the more water u add that there use to the better i would think.
good luck again

Thanks for all the advice Ky'smommy, im going to bring my father with me, to have a look at it, if i like it i will get it on sunday, yay perhaps my 3rd tank lol, although my dad said i have to get ride of the 30gal tank, but i guess thats okay, lol Once again thanks Ky'smommy. :)

Well i went there and lived, lol, the fish are great, love the fish, look better in real life and he will sell it for £100, but its in such a bad condition it the lid is rusted yes rusted it been fixed from a leak, it has plastic around all the glass and its falling apart,i would h8 it in my house, so sadly the great chance for a huge tank has gone, Oh well il try again lol

it just the lid tho.
you could make one for cheap. if the tank is in good condition and the stand and the fish. is the lid a really big deal?
think about it. and then if u change ur mind contact buddy again. i dont think a lid is going to be to much

Oh yeah i now, bit the glass is out if line were its been put back together and, the stand has 2 metal bars in it to support it?, and most of all my dad dose not like it so there is no chance lol, its a bummer but hey what can ya do. thanks for you help tho :) if anything happens out the blue then il let you know.

im not having a go at you, dont worry, Thanks for all the help and advice you have given me, It really helps, thanks, take care! :)

Back
Top Bottom