Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Fish are fighting, suggestions

In my 9 gallon I have 4 endlers hybrids. One looks like a guppy while 3 actually look like endlers. The guppy looking one is constantly being chased by the others. No females, all males. The endler looking ones display and dance for each other but they def. focus negatively on the guppy one. Nobody had any fin damage so I think it's all display but still. Do I add more guppy looking ones to ease the pressure? Do I let it go because nobody is actually gettin hurt physically?

Stacy~44gal pent. 2 fire belly toads, 2 fire belly newts, 3 neon tetras, 3 platys, 5 cherry barbs, 5 glowlight tetras, 1 spotted Raphael cat, 4 Burmese zebra loaches, 2 dwarf gourami, 2 otos ~9 gal w/6 endlers (class k), 2 scarlet badis, 5 orange bee and 6 RC shrimp
Dreamwallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Video of some of the more mild chasing Endler hybrids - YouTube

Stacy~44gal pent. 2 fire belly toads, 2 fire belly newts, 3 neon tetras, 3 platys, 5 cherry barbs, 5 glowlight tetras, 1 spotted Raphael cat, 4 Burmese zebra loaches, 2 dwarf gourami, 2 otos ~9 gal w/6 endlers (class k), 2 scarlet badis, 5 orange bee and 6 RC shrimp
Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwallaby View Post
Video of some of the more mild chasing Endler hybrids - YouTube
Make sure you have some good hiding spots in your tank some rocks with small crevices work well this way if a fish feels threatened it has somewhere to go
Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

the center piece is a drift wood filled with holes and caves. I also have 2 small rocks leaning on the wood to make more caves. Then I have plants too. I feel like he could get away, but he'd rather stay out.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwallaby View Post
the center piece is a drift wood filled with holes and caves. I also have 2 small rocks leaning on the wood to make more caves. Then I have plants too. I feel like he could get away, but he'd rather stay out.
I think the problem is that you have no females the males naturally want to breed and will constantly pester whatever fish they can if they have no females i had the same problem until i added enough females the males left each other alone. Rule is 2 females to every male that keeps the males busy and that way the males don't exhaust the females.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

That is pretty typical behavior in an all male tank. As long as there is no actual physical damage being done I would leave them alone.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

I think I found my answer. I added 2 more odd ball endler males so now it's 3 on 3. they are still displaying but no longer chasing and the attention is spread out so the single odd ball is not being singled out. The tank looks a lot less frantic now and I have more color in the tank
Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

They are so calm in fact that I was able to take pics with my phone that weren't completely blurry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2927631085.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	144090   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2778450694.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	144092  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3667382972.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	144093  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tiny boxing gloves.

Works every time.

Your tank cannot be complete without a pleco. It's IMPOSSIBLE.
Scott F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hahahahaha

Tags
fight, fighting, fish, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com