Fish are FRIENDS, not expendable!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm one of the attached kind I lost my husband (favorite male guppy I had high hopes for) and mummy fish, my best breeder in the space of two days and cried, I have no issues getting rid of my babies I am culling as live food bit I don't wish to stand there and watch them being eaten

I'm one of the attached kind I lost my husband (favorite male guppy I had high hopes for) and mummy fish, my best breeder in the space of two days and cried, I have no issues getting rid of my babies I am culling as live food bit I don't wish to stand there and watch them being eaten
How did they die? Old age?

Haven't managed to work that one out, mummy fish came out with what looked like a scratch on her side, was still swimming fine, eating etc, but I got up to find her dead and husband I'll never know. 2 separate tanks, everonevelse in both tanks was and has remained fine I just don't know.

Haven't managed to work that one out, mummy fish came out with what looked like a scratch on her side, was still swimming fine, eating etc, but I got up to find her dead and husband I'll never know. 2 separate tanks, everonevelse in both tanks was and has remained fine I just don't know.
Aww I'm sorry!:( Those fish are awesome. I hope you can get some more that steal your heart like they did! :)

I went from not understanding fish death ('the store sold me junk fish!!'), to remorse ('Oh no, I killed another one!'), to sadness ('poor guy. He fought the good fight but just couldn't hang on'). Some of my fish seem to like me (or the food I bring!) while others act like I don't exist. With all the maintenance and expense that goes with a tank, I don't see how a person can be flippant about the pets inside the tank.

The other day I lost a neon tetra. I scooped it out and placed it in the garbage without a second thought. Does that make me cruel or cold? I don't think so. I cared for that neon and didn't treat him any different to any of my other fish. He had a good life in a large tank, clean water and good food...

I've done that too mumma. Usually I 'bury' them by tossing dead fish into a bush near my back door. Why? I guess its because I'm a gardener and think dead fish make good fertilizer.

I've done that too mumma. Usually I 'bury' them by tossing dead fish into a bush near my back door. Why? I guess its because I'm a gardener and think dead fish make good fertilizer.
I suppose what you do with with dead fish doesn't really matter as much as what you THINK of dead fish...

Just having to euthanize my only female platy just now I am rather sad. Although I only had her a few months I did feel a connection with her.... More than a couple of my mollies. I have her wrapped in a bag in the freezer and will buy a plant to bury her in this week... :-(

Just having to euthanize my only female platy just now I am rather sad. Although I only had her a few months I did feel a connection with her.... More than a couple of my mollies. I have her wrapped in a bag in the freezer and will buy a plant to bury her in this week... :-(
Awww! I think a bunch of us have a connection to some fish...

What type of Platy was it?

I have 2 batches from her... 11 wks & 7 wks..
Jan 1st & Jan 31st
Nice. Alright, I think that this thread is now getting a bit off topic, and is not used much. I will no longer respond to this thread. If a moderator sees this post, you can close this thread. Thank you all for your feedback!!:thanks:

Monkey Magic said:
Some people do spend money on bugs just as they do on aquariums. However to say that spending 50 bucks on theyre environment says to me its more the spending emotion as opposed to feeling sad because your fish died to me a 2$ guppy wouldnt upset me nearly as much as 120$ discus purely because of the 118$ difference

Dear god, is that a normal price for discus where you live?? Lol

Back
Top Bottom