Fish are good Water results are good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishygurl

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, my gouramis seem to being doing good! The water is testing Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 and Nitrate 5. The only thing im worried about is that the male keeps chasing the female. Also he is a bit of a food hog. When i fish got them the female would race him to the food. But now it is almost as if she is scared he will do something to her if she trys to get some food. Im worried that she might not get enough food. Advice?

Well, wouldnt they be fighting if they were both males, also the male was trying (to much current) to make a bubble nest (or atlest thats what it looked like...) he wouldnt do that if there was no female, would he?

I think the first one looks like a female, although she does have somewhat uncharacteristically distinct markings for a female.

It's hard to tell if it's a male or female. I have 2 males in my tank, and there's no aggression. Just an occasional chase. They hang together quite a bit.

Nice pictures. Those are some nice looking fish.

If one is chasing the other and not letting it eat, you have a problem. Watch closely you may have to return one.

She eats, just the other one eats more, the female is smarter thats, for sure.... She see the food waaay before he does and she eats the ones that float down to the bottom, while the male only takes the ones on the top...

Back
Top Bottom