Fish arent growing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ky'smommy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i just got home after 10 weeks. and my fish are still tiny as when i first got them. which was quite a few months ago.
I was just wondering. because my guppy still looks like i when i bought here. and the other one i got was smaller (shes at my dads) and this one is like double the size.
and my babies were born a week after the guppies at my dads. and they are still small and no color. unlike my dads that are thriving and full of color.
And my guppy isnt getting pregnant again. with two males.
I also had a alge eater who grow to his full size in that tank(was moved yesterday to a bigger tank) and a Red tail shark that is fully grown. so i dont understand why the guppys arent. Babys and mom are in different tanks also..
water stuff is normal. tempature was a little low but only for like a week.
Fed three - four times a day. small feedings. and im positive my dad feeds his the same as i feed mine... so i am very confused. same tank. same everything. he has more trees and decorations and more fish thats the only difference that i can see right now.

Have water changes been done in those 10 weeks? High nitrates keep fish from growing. Even if you tank is cycled and not well maintained, fish will not grow in it.

Back
Top Bottom