Fish at the bottom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrMalta

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering why my fish always seem to be swimming at the bottom? I have a RTS, 6 neon tetras, 8 black tetras and I recently bought some long finned danio's 'cause I know they like swimming at the top, but they're not!

Everyone is active, just the top part of my tank is so boring because none of the fish swim there unless it's feeding time, well, the occasional time I'll see them up there but barely ever.

Anyways, just wondering why this is.

Thanks.

Might be something about the way the aquarium is landscaped is making them feel safe in the lower parts of the aquarium, but not the upper levels.

I agree with Purrbox, fish that feel more secure because they have sufficient hiding places will be more likely to stay out in the open. If you don't have enough places for your fish to hide they'll linger at the bottom or try and hide in the corners of your aquarium.

I agree with Purrbox, fish that feel more secure because they have sufficient hiding places will be more likely to stay out in the open. If you don't have enough places for your fish to hide they'll linger at the bottom or try and hide in the corners of your aquarium.

Which is pretty much exactly what they're doing. Even though I have plants and driftwood.

I'll have to rescape!

I already have tall plants, they actually hit the top of the water.

I was about to rescape today when I saw the fish swimming around the middle and top portions of the tank like they're supposed to and my RTS was at the bottom like he's supposed to, so I left the tank alone.

All I added was some CO2 since I posted this. We'll see how it goes.

Here you are~!

img_858088_0_42b56c327a057e5f27cf64d7b7bef0c0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom